Friday, March 28, 2014

Great Story Out of Brazil, IN

This past week, Amy Reynolds, a young woman on fire with the Lord in our little town of Brazil, IN, pulled off an amazing "alternative spring break" with about 70 young adults working on local mission projects throughout the city.  Each morning began at our parish, and the young people ate a breakfast here and had a devotional before heading out to do great work.  The young people cleaned up the streets, worked in food pantries, helped care for toddlers at the YMCA, and hundreds of other awesome activities. 

Here is an article about the week: (click here to read the story)

I went out as a chaperone on one of the days and pushed a broom to help clean up US 40 through town.  We had a blast, and we had a lot of good honks from people driving by.  Below is a photo of me leading my group to our site.  Our motto for the day was "follow the broom!"

"follow the broom!"

Kids are in the news a lot for doing the wrong stuff, but there are a TON of great kids out there who are doing amazing things as well. 

Great job Amy for pulling off an amazing week!



From Jeremiah 1: 6-7

Ah, Lord GOD!” I said, “I do not know how to speak. I am too young! 

But the LORD answered me,

"Do not say, “I am too young.”  To whomever I send you, you shall go; whatever I command you, you shall speak."












No comments:

Post a Comment